The Random Yummy podcast is now available in the Apple Podcast App, Stitcher, Pocket Casts, and Anchor.fm Please subscribe.
Tonight was a very simple meal. I had an unpleasant experience this morning when two men tried to relieve me of my wallet while I was out walking. By the time I got home after work I didn’t feel like cooking much.
- Beef sausages
- Frozen capsicum, corn, black beans, and peas
- Gravox™ gravy
- Unwrap the snags from the plastic wrapping.
- Heat up a frypan.
- Put the snags into the frypan.
- Put the frozen vegetables into the frypan.
- Put a lid on the frypan.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Boil water.
- Put the Gravox™ powder in a mug and pour in boiling water and whisk until it is thick.
- When the 20 minutes has elapsed, turn off the frypan, remove the lid and transfer everything to a shallow bowl.
- Pour over the gravy.
- Allow everything to cool a little and then devour.
A workmate bought me this vanilla slice today from the Curtin Bakery. She was being kind to me because of the incident earlier in the day. It certainly made my day. I have wonderful workmates. The vanilla slice was delightful. The custard was light and fluffy and yet not too sweet. It had a good vanilla flavour and unlike some bakery vanilla slices there wasn’t too much gelatine. The passionfruit icing was delicious and again, not too sweet and not too thick. The pastry was firm.
Please leave a comment