Hmmm…I really lacked imagination and motivation tonight.
I’d left a chicken thigh dry brining in the refrigerator overnight so knew I had that. I just couldn’t be bothered making a salad and I had some baby peas in the freezer. I’ve enjoyed using a mortar and pestle lately for grinding whole peppercorns and iodised sea salt crystals so I did that for a seasoning on the dried chicken skin.
- Dry brined chicken thigh
- Iodised salt
- Black peppercorns
- Frozen baby green peas
- Queensland nut oil
- Remove the femur from the chicken thigh and flatten out the thigh muscle bundles
- Grind salt and pepper with a pestle and mortar
- Cut a knob of butter
- Turn on the oven to 200 °C (392 °F)
- Rub Queensland nut oil over the skin and muscle meat of the chicken thigh
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper
- Rub some Queensland nut oil on the bottom of a baking tray and add the frozen baby green peas and a small knob of butter
- Lay the chicken on the peas and put the chicken and peas in the oven and cook for 1 hour
- After 1 hour remove the chicken and peas and allow the chicken to rest
- Slice the chicken and serve with the peas
- Eat the meal with chopsticks 🥢 in support of Chinese Australians who are doing it tough because people don’t understand virology and infectious diseases and assume anyone who looks Chinese is infected with SARS-COV-2 and has COVID-19.
Please leave a comment