Deboned roast chicken thigh
Tonight I deboned a chicken thigh and rolled it around a baton of Spam plus some thyme and sage. I served it with a salad and some gravy.
Check out tonight’s recipe post on Yummy Lummy “Does the size of the bone make any difference to the flavour of your meat?”
Deboned chicken thigh rolled around Spam with gravy and salad.
- Chicken thigh
- Iodised salt
- Black pepper
- Cos lettuce
- Red onion
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- Cut off a baton of Spam.
- I had dry brined the chicken overnight and the skin was dry to touch.
- I trimmed off the excess skin and carefully dissected out the femur.
- Season the inside of the thigh meat with iodised salt and black pepper plus some sage and thyme.
- Place a baton of Spam on the thigh meat.
- Roll the thigh meat around a baton of Spam and tie it up with some cooking twine.
- Sear the Rolled chicken in a hot frypan.
- Cook it using a meat thermometer aiming to achieve an internal temperature of 76 °C.
- Make a simple salad with cos lettuce, cherry tomatoes, fennel, red onion, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Make a simple gravy with spring onion, thyme, sage, sherry, and cream.